Readers Advisory: Themed Book Posters


Just before the end of the school year, I spent a little time making some posters to promote new titles in the library. Readers advisory materials like these will be increasingly important in the coming months, as regular book browsing will be off the table. How will students in your school find new books to read? How are you helping to make connections between kids and what you have on the shelves?

Click on each poster below to view full size. If you would like a printable copy of any of these posters, please leave a comment below or send me an email at curatorofwonder@gmail.com!



I used one of my favorite digital tools to create these posters: Canva
Oh, Canva, how I love you. It's been several years since I was first introduced to their free, web-based design software, and they keep burrowing deeper and deeper into my heart. If you haven't tested them out yet, hie thee to their site and get playing. They have so many templates, fonts, graphics, and design lessons that are genuinely useful in creating content for your school, library, Instagram, classes, and the list goes on. 

 It might not be worth it to you to pay for premium as an individual, but the thing that keeps my heart loyal to Canva is the program levels they offer free to educators and non-profits. Much of that pretty stuff behind the paywall opens up once you're registered as a school, library, or non-profit. 

Have you used Canva before? What have you created for your library?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Always Learning - Weekly Roundup 29.01.21