Always Learning - Weekly Roundup 29.01.21

Fav Tech Tool


My guess is that most educators are already aware of Loom, but the more I use it the more I like it. It's a quick and easy way to create videos that capture your screen and also your face, which can add a more personable touch to whatever information you are sharing. Educators can get some of the premium features for free during lockdown.


I've been using Loom weekly to create book talks, read alouds, and instructional videos for library lessons for my students and teachers. I add them to the lesson slides that I share with teachers, and I've gotten great feedback so far on students engaging with the lessons and activities. In a time when it's so easy to feel disconnected, getting my face and voice into my presentations helps me feel like our students are still getting a human connection to the library. 



Comments