Always Learning - Weekly Roundup 19.02.2021



  • Finished reading the above book, Can You See Me? by Libby Scott and Rebecca Westcott.
  • A related resource, Autism in MG Books is an awesome website that's full of resources for understanding neurodiversity, broken down for educators and parents. Includes recommended books and resources for further learning. 
  • An article worth reading: Meet the Iowa Architect Documenting Every Slave House Still Standing
  • I often wonder how I didn't learn more about the history of libraries and librarianship as part of library school, and this question comes up whenever I stumble across an important figure in the history of libraries. My library school list was more or less limited to Andrew Carnegie, Ann Carroll Moore, and Shiyali Ramamrita Ranganathan. I learned about Eliza Atkins Gleason for the first time this week, and I look forward to reading about her more. 
  • Currently watching the CCBC Short for February on the 2021 ALA Youth Literature Award Winners to get acquainted with these titles through Megan Schliesman and Merri Lindgren's thorough yet concise booktalks. 



 Fav Tech Tool




Visitors to the blog may notice a new yellow box in the upper right corner of the page. This Accessibility Widget is my new favorite thing! I first came across it on Bec and Book's blog and did a little digging to figure out how to get one of my own. 


The Userway Accessibility Widget has the ability to change the way your website looks and functions to make it more accessible to people with varied needs, including changing text to a dyslexia-friendly font, increasing/decreasing the contrast, or turning on a 'reading mask.'




I signed up for the free version, but there is a much more comprehensive service available that Userway advertises can bring your website into full ADA compliance. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Always Learning - Weekly Roundup 29.01.21